If you are planning to travel outside the United States, you need a U.S Passport. The Festus Public Library is an official Passport Agency where we can process your application for a new passport. If you have any questions, please call the library at 636-937-2017.
Applying for a Passport
To apply for a passport you will need:
- 1 Passport Photograph - Local studios: Walgreens, 519 South Truman Boulevard; Wal-Mart, 650 South Truman Boulevard; UPS Store 650 North Creek Road.
- 2 Payments - Personal check or money order to U.S. Department of State and debit/credit card, cash, or check made out to City of Festus for processing (No starter/counter checks).
- Application Form - completed but not signed (you will need to know your parents' birth dates and place of birth). Complete the form in black ink only.
- Certified copy of your Birth Certificate - This will be mailed in with the passport and returned to you in a separate mailing. Birth certificates must contain the name of parent(s); be issued by the office of vital statistics of the state, county, or city of the issuing authority; indicate a registration or file date that is within one year of the birth, and be an original and certified document (notarized copies and photocopies are not accepted).
- Children Under 16 - Both parents must be present.
- Photo ID - Driver's license or valid government-issued picture ID (permits are not accepted).
- Women Only - Previous marriage information (you will need to know dates and you may pick up this form at the Library).
Adult Application Fee: $130
Child under 16 Application Fee: $100
Adult Application Fee: $ 30
Child under 16 Application Fee: $15
Processing fee payable to the library: $35
Current processing times are 7-10 weeks for routine processing and 3-5 weeks for expedited processing (an additional $60), with up to an additional two weeks for mailing and fee collection time. Processing times begin the day the application is received at a passport agency, not on the day the customer applies at an acceptance facility.
You may visit the U.S. Department of State website for passport information or call the Festus Public Library at 636-937-2017.
Passports are by appointment only. Please call the Library to set up your appointment. We will need your name, the number of adults applying, the number of minors applying, and a contact number. Passports are processed Mon-Thurs, 10-6, Fri 10-4, and Saturday 9:30-12:30. If you are unable to arrive on time, please call the Library. Applicants who are more than 15 minutes late will have their appointments rescheduled.